We had one week off for Spring Break - two furloughs and three holidays on top of the weekend. After Friday-Thursday off, I went back to work for one day before the weekend. It was a pretty non-busy (in terms of student traffic) day, and I felt like I got a lot accomplished.
I found out two more people are now pregnant! They'd been trying for a while, so I was super excited to hear they've joined the club! It's nice to be able to share and contribute to others' journeys to motherhood.
A funny thing happened while leaving Costco this week. The guy checking my receipt looks at my items, sees the Diet Pepsi I got for Igor, and says "You aren't drinking that, are you?" Haha! It seems that I am finally showing enough to not be mistaken for a big lady. Hooray! Of course I told him no, and he goes "Just trying to do my part." Funny guy. :)
Last weekend we bought a crib! We've been looking at recommended cribs in our Baby Bargains book for a while, and we decided to finally go to Babies R Us to see if they had samples to check out. As a side note, they had maternity parking, and we got a spot! It was the first time I was able to take advantage of expectant mother parking, and Igor even took a picture of me next to the sign. :)
Surprisingly, they had both Graco cribs we were looking into on display, and decided on (and purchased) the Graco Lauren model in the color "Natural". They had to order it, and said it would take 7-14 business days, but we got a call on Thursday saying it arrived! We went to the store Friday night, and found that the box was waaaaay to large to fit in the Mustang. Oooooops. Hopefully Igor's friend can help us pick it up this week with his huge truck.
This week, our baby boy is developing air sacks in his lungs, which means he's just about ready to start breathing. He's also working on being able to recognize my and Igor's voices. I think I'm starting to get more excited with that realization. This kid is going to recognize us as his parents. Until now, any contact I've had with kids under the age of about three has been the same: The kid stares at me. No recognition, no nothing. This kid is going to rely on ME! I am going to be MOM. I'm pretty sure I'm feeling the eyes starting to grow in the back of my head.
As for his size...
"Your baby is about 1 2/3 pounds and is 14 inches long head-to-heel, or about the length of a burp cloth (otherwise known as your primary wardrobe accessory for the next several months)." OH BOY!
No comments:
Post a Comment