This week was a long one. No furloughs, no holidays, and lots of work up the wazoo. Saturday we went to Igor's coworker's wedding in Roseville, about a 2 hour drive. We stayed in a hotel. Dude, this hotel was SWEET. I guess that's why they call them suites. :) Spacious, full sized comfy couch (which was very convenient for the post-cake... and brownie... and mini eclair... heartburn that ensued at 3am - COME ON, it's a WEDDING!), huge TV, free wireless, good lighting, aesthetically pleasing, comfy bed, mini fridge, microwave, huge walk in shower with a door! Not curtains! If we have to come back to Roseville, this is where we are staying. A+, Marriott SpringHill Suites!
Not too much has changed in babyland. We're still kicking and rolling... and rolling while kicking. All day, many times a night... and I'm pretty sure we were hiccupping at 3am last night. Good job little man! It still doesn't hurt when he kicks (or whatever he's doing in there)... which is weird to me. It seems like if there is something THAT big inside you, growing at a steady pace, kicks and punches should hurt. OK, I don't want to jinx myself, I'm sure stronger is coming. I guess his gestation chamber is doing its job of softening the blows. I can't wait for him to settle in his upside down, ready to come out, constantly pushing on the bladder, position in a month or so! Apparently that's when the waddle becomes inevitable. OH JOY!
Here we are at week 29:
This week he's a little over 15 inches long—about the length of a loaf of bread—and weighs about 3 pounds, as much as a Macbook Air laptop (which is not the best, I would not recommend the laptop). Due to the impressive advancements of medical technology, if this guy is born this week, he'd have a 9 out of 10 chance of survival, which is seriously great news. He's starting to look more like a Pampers model and less like a Depends model (that's right sucker, start beefing up just like Mommy... and Daddy ;) ).
Hahahaha - I love the MacBook Air analogy... really, I love all of them (they usually make my mouth water) but that one is just so geekishly wonderful. Glad to hear your little man isn't giving you too much trouble yet!!
ReplyDelete