Sunday, April 18, 2010

Week 28

Ah week 28. Here you are, and here I am - still pregnant. A lot of people have been asking me whether I'm ready for the little guy to be out already. You know, I'm still ok with pregnancy. I'm still enjoying the long-ish periods of sleep, and the constant kicking and rolling is still kind of cute. Ask me again in a month or so. ;)

This week during our (ever-stimulating) staff meeting, I'm pretty sure I was able to distinguish the part of his body which decided to collide with mommy's insides - an elbow. It didn't hurt, but I could tell it was definitely pointy, as I had my hand over my tummy at the time. As the movements become more pronounced, I sometimes like to look down at my tummy and watch it move on its own. I'm still waiting for the Alien moment when he bursts out in a fit, drooling acid... Maybe I should cut down on the SciFi channel.

Another new development in the past couple weeks: I now CLICK at the end of my sentences. Yeah, really? I hear and feel a clicking noise right when I stop talking, coming from my upper nose area. I figured it must be due to pregnancy, since my nose has been making dry boogies overtime the past trimester or so. Igor's doc friend (whose name is also Igor - I love it) confirmed that it is due to pregnancy. I believe the exact wording was "You want the short version or the long version? In short, it's because you're pregnant." Which has been his answer for a lot of things I bring up. Haha! Alright, if you're curious, it has to do with the cartilage all over my body (because you can't just target the cartilage down there apparently) becoming more flexible everywhere.. widening hips, blah blah blah. I just hope it goes away afterwards.
Igor has confirmed (and laughed) that he can hear it when the room is quiet. I can only imagine what my students think when they're in my quiet, small office for an appointment. "What can I help you with today? CLICK." Thanks pregnancy!

Week 28:
He is about 15 inches long, about the length of an amusement park cinnamon-sugar-coated churro (yum!), and weighs 2 to 3 pounds.
His eyes are partially open now and can blink. He can also now become a shiny, happy person as he has begun having rapid eye movement (Get it? REM? Shiny, happy people?? OK, I thought it was funny :P ) I wonder - does that mean he dreams?
His eyes have color now, too. It may not be the color he ultimately ends up with, especially if they're light gray or blue. Oh, I'd love for him to have blue eyes! The eyes typically don't settle on a final hue until nine months after baby is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment