So begins the third trimester!
I feel like I've doubled my belly size in the past week. I had a midwife appt. on Tuesday. It looks like the walking has paid off a bit - I only gained 6 pounds this month, unlike the 10 pounds from last month. *shudder* Usually it takes a little while at the doctor's to find the baby's heartbeat, but it seems like this time, we heard it as soon as she put the instrument to my belly. She told me that it sounds good, and that my belly is growing well.
I had a glucose screening for gestational diabetes, and the results were in the normal range. Hooray! No diabetes for me - only a little surprising with all the friggin' chocolate I've been craving/eating. I blame this little bugger. I still haven't had any real cravings (besides the chocolate). No olive, pickle, and anchovy sundaes for me. Heartburn and backaches are getting worse with the growing baby. I guess I don't have to have ALL the pregnancy symptoms, I suppose I should be happy about that!
This weekend was SUPER productive. Igor's friend helped us get the crib from the store to our house (and then back again because they gave us the wrong crib, which we didn't see until we got home) on Thursday.
On Saturday, we went to THREE Babies R Us stores to check out strollers and car seats. Ours didn't have a Graco MetroLite on display, so we went to two others until we found one. We were looking into the Graco Hamilton travel system (includes a stroller and car seat), and comparing that to buying the stroller and car seat separately. Igor's sister had suggested we check out the Graco MetroLite, which we found was quite lighter. However, it was ugly, and difficult to fold/unfold. Plus, it wouldn't match with the car seat we were looking at... not the biggest deal, but I wasn't the biggest fan of either separate.
Plus buying them separately was more expensive than getting the Graco Hamilton travel system. It matches, easily folds and unfolds with one hand, and it's so pretty. Yeah, it's a little heavier and bulkier, but what the hey. We're first time parents, we're going to learn one way or the other. So yeah, we bought the travel system. And the box even fit in the Civic's back seat. Yay! We (ok, Igor) assembled it Saturday night, and it's happily sitting in our kitchen. :) We now have the ever essential carseat required for taking the baby home from the hospital. We can travel with the baby.
Today, Igor and I assembled the crib, and rearranged our room so that it fits next to our bed. We cleaned up/moved around a whole bunch of crap, and took some pictures as we assembled. The crib is right next to my side of the bed, for easy night access to the baby. We're thinking of getting the mattress next weekend. We accomplished so much this weekend and our room is slowly getting ready for baby's arrival! I'm getting a lot more excited now. :)
If our baby boy was born this week, he'd have an 85% chance of surviving, which is WAY higher than the past couple weeks. This is apparently due to his developing lungs and immune system. His size development:
"Your baby now weighs in at approximately 14 1/2 inches and just over 2 pounds, or about the size of that roast you made last time your in-laws were in town. (OK, the baby is the size of that roast you meant to cook before you decided that ordering Chinese was a much better idea.)" Haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment