This week, we bought a dresser at IKEA, which also is the correct size for the baby changing station. We finally got to use our IKEA gift card from our wedding, so it was free! The changing table's pad was donated to us, as well as three covers. We're in good shape!
Last week, we brought home a TON of baby stuff from Igor's sister. I went through all the clothes, and separated it all by age (0-3months, 3-6months, etc.). Then I put it all in the dresser! Our baby can now be clothed! For over a year! Exciting. :)
I've also started cooking a little. I don't cook. But I'm trying. It makes me feel accomplished to be able to cook something for Igor and myself. It's good practice for when this boy gets to be able to eat stuff we can cook. I want to be able to cook our family dinner. Might as well start now. :) The stuff I've made so far has been pretty good, according to Igor, so that's encouraging!
This baby boy is starting to not only kick more, but also roll. Rolling is a very odd feeling. I can feel him moving from one side to another - up and down, left and right, front and back. The weirdest part is feeling my skin under my clothes. It's kind of like a wave - I feel parts of skin moving fabric, and then other parts moving away from fabric. I can't distinguish which body parts are making the movements yet, but I can definitely see jiggling in the tummy region. Sometimes I'm ready for him to bust through like in Alien. He's also found my ribs. It's like he's playing a xylophone on the ribs. Thanks little guy.
Baby's size development this week:
"Your baby weighs about a pound and a half and is about 13 1/2 inches long—roughly the length of one of those recorders you played in elementary school music class. Who's up for a round of "Hot Cross Buns?" " :)
No comments:
Post a Comment