Sunday, November 29, 2009

Week 8 aka Turkey week

Turkey day in a nutshell: OK, cooking smells were bad, eating was not as horrible as initially anticipated. As bad as the food I'm eating is, I can't eat very much of it. Which can be annoying. If I want to eat that entire brownie, dangit, I want to EAT IT ALL.

You know, I really have been trying to take prenatal vitamins, but it's not working out so well. On Tuesday this week I brought a pre-cut dish of fruit from Safeway to eat in the morning (healthy! Impressive!). So after eating a good amount of that, I took my vitamins. I'm good. About 30 minutes later I cannot make it all the way to the bathroom in time to spew the delicious and nutritious cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon, etc. I felt so proud of consuming. No warning. What the heck? Well, I have a new respect for the trash can half way to the bathroom. What's it doing there? Saving me.

Once I'm done with that, I feel a bit better, so I go back to work. I'm hoping to God it was the vitamins, and not the beginning of a morning work ritual. An hour later, I manage to make it all the way to the bathroom before spewing the less than appetizing bile in my stomach. At least the fruit had kind of a pretty color. I start getting more worried that this could be another symptom of "morning" sickness, and not just the vitamins. I feel horrible afterwards and go home. I situate myself with a clear path to the bathroom, but fortunately I don't spew again.

On the bright side, I have found a way to spend the time that I used to go to Jazzercise. Zelda. Yes, I found the old N64, successfully plugged it into the TV, found the right TV setting for it to actually show the video game, and started playing Zelda, the Ocarina of Time. It's great! It helps to keep my mind off other things, like how I should be doing something productive, or what food I am able to eat, or the emails piling up in my inbox because I want nothing to do with anyone at this point. I blame it (and everything else) on the hormones.

We've grown to the size of a large raspberry this week, and looking a little less alienish. Maybe it's a good thing we aren't getting the ultrasound this early.

No comments:

Post a Comment