For some reason, I didn't start with the "morning" sickness, food aversions, etc. until right after I found out I was pregnant. It seemed to hit like, the day after. Makes me wonder if it's all in my head. :)
I am tired. All the time. I take naps in my office during lunch at work. This week was rather stressful at work, which I think makes the sickness worse. I have yet to find food that makes me feel OK to eat.
I can't even think of eating the stuff I used to eat. Salads? No thanks. Soup? Egh... Fiber One cereal or bars? I couldn't get through either. Now Tortilla chips with refried beans, sour cream, chicken, perhaps a shred of lettuce - BRING IT ON this week (and I did). Yesterday I wanted apple pie a la mode. Today I ordered take out clam chowder in a bread bowl from Red Lobster.
I've found that I need to smell something to see if I want it. Example: We had some sort of fire/earthquake drill at work earlier this week in the morning (about 10am). Someone walking in front of me outside was eating pasta with red sauce (yeah, in the morning), and it was all I could do to shove everyone out of the way to get back in the building, get some money, head to the student union and get some pasta with red sauce... yum. I did well, I managed to wait until we were let back inside, and then head over and get what I wanted.
Other cravings this week include fruit by the foot, gushers, and brownies (thank heaven for 7-11). :) I'm having trouble finding drinks that I want. Water tastes metallicky... and everything I do drink needs to have ice. I've been drinking iced/watered-down caffeine free diet coke (weird, I don't usually drink soda). I guess that's one way to confirm the baby takes after Igor already!
The little one is the size of a sweet pea, about a quarter of an inch. It apparently looks like... well, a little alien. Not quite a pretty sight yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment