Sunday, November 22, 2009

Week 7 (or is it week 5?)

How is it that we are able to say I'm at week 7, when there was a full two weeks where I wasn't even pregnant included? Is it supposed to make us feel better? Sure, I guess 7 weeks sounds so much closer to 40 than 5 weeks, but really - who are we kidding? Well, not Igor, that's for sure. He's not willing to give me my extra two weeks. I can't help it, every website I visit tells me I'm at 7 weeks!

And really, must he make dinner past 8pm every night including cooking onions? And eggs? Really? OMG, those are possibly the worst smells ever. Thank God for rooms across the house with doors to keep it out. What the heck am I supposed to eat? Thinking of food makes my stomach turn. Thinking of Thanksgiving next week is... not something I try to do very often.

On the bright side, the pregnancy card ALWAYS works. "Yeah, I don't think I'm going to be able to be in the kitchen to make anything for Thanksgiving this year." Oh darn. Thinking about the smells that will waft into every nook and cranny in the place is enough to book a ticket to someplace where they don't celebrate Thanksgiving. The only problem with that is, I am no longer able to take anxiety medication for plane trips. Hm.

I found a new acceptable food this week. Stouffer's Lasagna. Ooooooooh Stouffer's, where have you been the past 7 or 5 weeks? Not low fat by any means, but aren't I supposed to gain weight while pregnant? It's heaven. I've eaten it every night this week. After work I'm usually too tired to do anything, but if there is no lasagna in the house, I will get off my butt to go get some at Target. I'm even willing to wait the 13-100 minutes (depending on size of package) it takes to nuke it before eating. And for me, that's dedication. Hm when was the last time I went to Jazzercise?

This week, the little one is about the size of a blueberry and apparently has a HUGE head. You'd think it was growing in my boobs at the rate they're growing. I just got them to shrink down when losing the weight, and now I'm thinking I shouldn't have gotten rid of those bras. Booo!

No comments:

Post a Comment