Well that pre-conception appointment turned out to be my first prenatal appointment. Two months of trying was all it took. Yay! Having had irregular menstruation (thanks stress!) for the last 10 or so years, I didn't think anything of not starting by day 30 of the cycle. By day 35 (11/2/09, today?), though, I decided after work to go buy a stick and pee on it (that's the technical terminology, clearly).
None of that +/- BS for me. No I went straight for the technology and got the two pack of the sticks that give you a digital screen with "pregnant" or "not pregnant". Awesome. Well, I'll give you a hint - two days of testing could not yield the word "not" on the screen. More awesome.
I couldn't hold it in. I guess some people like to wait for the second trimester or whatever, but I was ecstatic. Forget that. I told everyone. OK, a lot of people. Pretty much anyone I see outside Facebook. I even followed Igor's wishes, and that night made him dinner and told him the good news over a mouthful of food. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment