This week we've made it to full term! At the OB appointment, they hooked me up to a machine that tracked the little dude's heart rate and contractions - the same type of machine they use during labor. Apparently when they did the weekly heart rate check, his heart rate was a little slow. They tracked him for a while, and told me that he was fine (in fact an over achiever!), and that he's getting enough oxygen, which I guess was what they were worried about. They also found that I had a couple contractions while I was there! Exciting!
At work, everyone was asking me this week "Are you ready?". The answer has been, yes. Let's do it already. He's full term, how about coming a little early? Sounds good to me! I just can't wait to not be pregnant anymore. I managed to write all the work shower thank you notes this week, which was quite a feat! I'm not sure I even finished all the wedding thank yous. :( I've mainly been working on "how to be Andrea while she's gone" documents. I'm going to be training people how to do all the technology-related stuff I do at work, so I'm making a lot of "How To's".
This weekend Igor and I went on an adventure to get the rest of the baby stuff we hadn't gotten yet. We got to use gift cards from Target and Babies R Us, so we hardly spent anything, but we got a lot of stuff. :) A lot of stuff that now we need to wash before we can actually use. Good training for the massive amounts of laundry I'm going to need to do soon once he comes. :)
This week was also full of more hemorrhoids and a mysterious pain in my jaw. Not sure if the pain in the jaw was from grinding my teeth or, as my OB suggested, possibly allergies. Well, it's subsiding, but it was annoying.
Our kid this week:
He weighs about 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches!
This week's funnies!
I can't eat, I can't sleep, but I can do a great imitation of a beached whale. Seriously, are we almost done with this?
How you'll know you're in labor
• It suddenly looks like somebody coughed up a big loogie into your undies.
• Your lower back feels like someone is pressing gently on it with a jackhammer.
• The movie version of your underwear would be called A River Runs Through It.
• You have a sudden desire to clean the house despite being doubled over in pain from contractions.
No comments:
Post a Comment