OK, the amount of sleep my body is seeming to want is crazy. Getting up before 7am does not seem like an option anymore. Two more weeks of work, and then I can sleep all I want. We had our last furlough day this week. I'm going to miss having those days off. How are we ever going to get used to 5 day weeks again??
My coworkers also threw an awesome baby shower at work this week. It turned out really well! There were a ton of people that showed up (even a few guys!), and everyone was so generous in gift giving! Lael was a life saver, and made a list of all the gifts everyone gave for easy thank you note writing. It's like she's done this all before or something. :) Anyway, I am taking this idea for every other gift giving event I go through. So smart! I felt very lucky and loved to have so many people show up for my shower at work (including some people who are pretty high on the totem pole!), and we all had a great time. Cindy (my supervisor) even got this AWESOME carrot cake, which was HEAVEN!
I started washing all the baby clothes this weekend in preparation of getting to play dress up (several times a day). This Dreft detergent actually smells pretty nice, but it's really expensive. In other news, we attended two evening classes this week: Becoming a new parent, and infant/child CPR. The new parent class was really helpful, we got a pretty pissed off looking doll to practice correctly dressing, diapering, holding and swaddling. The CPR class was helpful as well, but possibly a little longer than it needed to be. But hey! That's it for classes! It feels good being done, and I'm looking forward to not having to wake up early, or stay up late to attend them. It was also nice that we got a ton of handouts to remind us of all the content.
Our kid this week:
He's gaining about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. We're all waiting for this kid to drop, but apparently it still hasn't happened yet. My OB told me this week that he's still floating around, happy as a clam. Let's move it kid!
More funnies!
Five things you never thought you'd say:
• "Let me just finish this can of frosting."
• "Would you mind tying my shoes?"
• "Does my stomach look too small to you?"
• "Can you please massage my perineum again?"
• "Help, I can't get out of bed."
No comments:
Post a Comment