This week starts the weekly (instead of the previous monthly and then bi-weekly) OB appointments. Same old stuff, the baby's just still in a massive growth spurt. My hands and feet are swelling like crazy, I basically have one pair of shoes that (after I loosened the straps) still fit. How annoying. I had another one of those sciatic nerve pinches at 5am one morning this week. Sitting up seems to help, but getting back to sleep is not an option. Boo.
We went to a breastfeeding class this week, and also took a tour of the birthing center at the hospital where we'll be having our kid. Who knew breastfeeding could be so... difficult? So many new terms and techniques- I kind of thought it was a natural process. Well, let's hope I (or at least Igor) remember what we learned when it comes time. The birthing tour was fine. The rooms look pretty nice, but the hospital definitely has the hospital smell. It was good to be acquainted with the place I'll be spending some quality scream time. :)
Our kid this week:
He's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew)-
about the size of a large sheet cake. Yum, sounds good!
Some funnies!
Useful comebacks to rude pregnancy comments
• "At least I made somebody's heart and brain today. What did you do?"
• "You're huge too — and you don't have the excuse of another person living inside you."
• "Go ahead, but I'm not touching yours."
No comments:
Post a Comment