Sunday, February 21, 2010

Week 20/21 - It's a boy!

Yes, it is true. We are having a baby boy. We went for the ultrasound on Thursday, and the lady was able to tell us within the first 5 minutes that he's definitely a boy. :) He was moving around like a madman, which made it a bit difficult for the lady to get the pictures she needed for measurements, etc. It turns out that there is a purpose to an ultrasound appointment other than to see the baby move around and find out the sex. Imagine that! ;) I have to go back this week because he was not cooperating in a way for the lady to take a picture of a certain angle of the spine. We got a couple of unidentifiable (crappy) pictures to take home. Each has two circles in the shot. I'm guessing one is the head. I think I'm going to ask for some better ones this week when I go back.

Having a boy has definitely come as a surprise. Igor and I were pretty much fully expecting to have a girl. Now we need to find boy names! Even though I wanted a girl, I'm not feeling disappointed. I think I'm just relieved to know. Everyone I talk to who has had boys says that they have really enjoyed having boys, and that there's a special bond between a mother and her son. Cool.

This week we are having our master shower replaced (it's a stand up shower stall, not a tub). We hadn't actually used the shower since we moved in almost two years ago, and it's going to look really nice when we're done. We're having light green tiles with some stone tiles on the floor and a decorative glass tile strip. We also got new fixtures, and a new glass door system. We definitely needed somewhere to shower for when we replace the tub in guest bathroom... so it's nicer to bathe the new little one. :)

In other baby news, it looks like the original due date of July 6th (rather than July 1st) is again the most accurate due date. Now I have to re-change all my due dates on the websites that send me weekly emails back to 7/6. Boo.

This week he's about 3/4ths of a pound and about 10.5 inches long head to heel (as long as a... carrot?) I have stopped weighing myself weekly at home, and when they weigh me at the Dr., I turn around so I don't have to see it. It got depressing. I can't wait to be able to start up the weight loss journey again.

No comments:

Post a Comment