OK, I've officially made it to Trimester 2. This Monday I went in for the Nuchal Translucency part of the CA screening program, which for me meant the first ultrasound!
Awesome parts: being able to see the little bugger moving around (which it did - A LOT), getting pictures of the little one to show off.
Not so awesome parts: Having to come in with a full bladder and being jabbed near my bladder with the ultrasound instrument in order to get the baby to the position needed for the screening.
They were really nice there, and it was a very cool experience overall. They told me that by the size of the baby, I was actually probably almost a week further along than originally thought by the last period date calculation. Hey, if they add on a week every time I go in, I'm gonna be done in no time!
A few hours later Igor and I went to our first OB appointment. The doc seems nice enough. She decided we would wait for the 20 week ultrasound to determine whether we should move the estimated due date up, or keep it at July 6. I've changed all my baby website subscriptions to July 1st though so I can get the next week's information sooner. ;) There wasn't much to do at the appointment, we heard the heartbeat again (150 BPM, slower, this is good :) ). We got some questions answered. I was a little sad they didn't do another ultrasound so Igor could see, because he wasn't at the one earlier in the day. I guess he's going to have to wait until week 20. :)
This week we're about the size of an orange, about 4 inches and 2.5 ounces!
No comments:
Post a Comment