Sunday, May 23, 2010

Week 33

Caution - this paragraph may contain TMI for some readers, but this is unfortunately pregnancy reality. So skip over if the mere sight of the word hemorrhoid makes you uneasy. Apparently not only sitting for too long can cause them to appear, standing for too long can also do the trick! I guess I stood a little too long during the shower, and for this entire week, I've had issues sitting, getting up from sitting, and anything having to do with moving the lower half of my body - not to mention going #2. The bleeding is disgusting. And confusing if you've been learning about signs of pre-term labor. Bleeding down there is not a good sign while pregnant, especially if you're not sure where it's coming from. Anyway, no worries, no pre-term labor for me.

Not only did this pain in the butt situation hit me this week (yes, the whole week), I woke up one morning at 5am to the feeling of extreme pain where my leg bone meets the hip. My first thought - "Is this a contraction or a pinched sciatic nerve?". Igor made fun of me for that very logical thought. Apparently the more acceptable thought is "OMG, THAT HURTS REALLY BAD." It didn't last too long, just long enough to be very annoying.

We went to a (very crowded) movie this weekend, where I learned that I can no longer sit in one spot for an extended period of time. :-(

I did learn this week at the OB appointment that this little guy is now situated upside down, and will probably not flipping back from this point on. Well, we're progressing. :)

Our little guy this week:
He weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark.

And because I've been so negative in this post, here's a little funny for those of you who made it to the end. :)

Pregnancy survival skill: How to get out of a soft chair

Put your feet flat on the floor and bend from the hips. Push on the armrests with your hands! Use your stomach muscles. If upward motion is still elusive, pick up your magazine and yell for more peanut butter chocolate ice cream. (Standing up is totally overrated anyway.)

No comments:

Post a Comment