I've been having a lot of back pain this week. What's new? Anyway, I had another interesting baby dream. The baby was born.. not sure how, but Igor and I were waiting at home to see the little guy. My deceased Uncle Jim was on his way to bring him to us. Not sure how he got out of me, but it was interesting.
This week at work we were all dealt a blow (on Tax day), when we found out that they were announcing layoffs, and a (very special) person from our office would be laid off. That was a crappy day for sure. It could've just as easily been me that would be laid off, since I haven't been around much longer, but I feel really terrible for my coworker. Well, a lot can happen between now and July. There is still a chance she may not be laid off after all. Cindy is definitely raising some hell about the situation. Go Cindy!
We had another Transfer Orientation on Friday. I'm still doing ok with walking/standing around, but I wasn't able to stay around the whole day. After check in, I went back to the office. Because Cindy was out this week, they painted her office Friday. The fumes were unbearable! Everyone was complaining. I tried keeping my door closed, but I started feeling pretty bad, and the little guy was squirming around more than usual. It felt instinctual to leave. I just felt like I was somehow hurting the baby by staying there, and by the time I left I was crying. While I hate crying, especially at work, I felt pretty good about displaying some maternal instincts to protect the little one. It wasn't just me, apparently the closed the office at noon because the fumes were so bad.
Saturday we had our second childbirthing class, and today we had a co-ed baby shower! It turned out really well. A lot of people showed up, we had a lot of food (including a cake to die for, thank you Heather!), and Jade did a great job with the decor and games! We got a lot of great gifts as well. :) We had a lot of fun! Thanks to all that showed up and put it together!
Our kid this week:
By now, the little dude weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, about the length of a hot pair of above-the-knee boots, of which one day I hope to own a pair. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment